Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Little About Me

I figure its about time to let you know a little more about me, so pull up a chair and grab your favorite drink!


                                                                      {via}

I am originally from the east coast, Connecticut.  I come from a really big family with 8 full siblings and 6 more half siblings!  I have been married to my husband {who from here on out will be called Cigar Chairman but more on him later} for 36 years.  We just celebrated our 36th anniversary on Wednesday of this week.  I have two grown children, my daughter who will be known as Christabelle (a nickname she got from her dad when she was young) is a wife and mom to my oldest granddaughter, who we will call Princess Scoob {again a nickname given by her papa). Christabelle has been married for over 7 years to my wonderful son-in-law, whom I will call Bubba.  My son, who we will call Fireman Jr is a husband and father to my younger granddaughter, Princess B {a nickname given to her by her Aunt Christabelle}.  Fireman Jr has been married for almost 3 years to my wonderful daughter-in-law, whom I will call Lindsay Lou.  Lindsay Lou became part of the family with her son, whom I will call Buddy, from a previous relationship, but he is no less my grandson than either of my blood granddaughters.  


                                                                        {via}  


The Cigar Chairman and I met when we were teenagers and married straight out of high school. Lucky for him, I have put up with him all these years!  As our kids have grown and left the house, we have taken up traveling..particularly cruises as a hobby.  We have traveled all over the Caribbean several times over.  It has been a few years since our last cruise thanks to the economy tanking, but we are hopeful to return to this hobby in the near future.  Something else that we have taken up is cigars.  This is especially true for the Cigar Chairman, but I enjoy them as well.  He belongs to a cigar members only club and we enjoy going to cigar tastings and other events.  We have made a lot of friends through both our cruising and cigar hobbies.  


Some things that I enjoy just by myself are; reading, writing, shopping.  I belong to a women's mystery book club and I really enjoy that.  I am a girly girl at heart and I love to decorate my house.  I love makeup, jewelry, clothes, shoes and bags.  


I will talk about all of these things on this blog and I hope you will enjoy what you see here!

1 comment:

Life With Lauren said...

Happy 36 years! It is so wonderful so many people now a days can't say that! That is a huge family must have been fun growing up!